Excel is very useful, but there is more suitable software for data analysis and visualization with statistics and machine learning.
That’s R. R provides interfaces to analyze data with mathematics easily.
In this article, I’ll share how to install R on Windows.
- Windows7 Enterprise Service Pack1
It’s easy to install R. Just run installer.
- Click here and move to download page
- Click “base”
- Click “Download R 3.2.0 for Windows” and start to download
- Dboule-click downloaded installer
- Just push “Next” button like following
Let’s check R behavior a little bit.
- Double-click shortcut icon (you can choose 32bit or 64bit version)
- Check built-in dataset and visualization
> iris > plot(iris)
How to install library
R has many kind of library about statistics and machine learning.
Actually, I download new library and analyze data when I do new analysis.
I’d like to share how to install library in R.
- Click “Package” and “Install Package” in menu
- Choose “Japan(Tokyo)” as mirror site to download library
- Choose library which you want to install (in this time choose “arules” which is association analysis library
- Check loading library
> library(arules) > data(Groceries) > Groceries
Then you have knowledge about installing and basic operation.